Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Blog 12: How Do I Evaluate My Friends’ Simulated Teaching?

Hi, everyone! There are several aspects that I consider most when I evaluate my friends’ simulated teaching. As I have said in my previous blog entry, the set induction activity should be interesting enough for the students. Instead of using pictures, teacher can also use songs, games and so on to attract students’ attention in the class. For the exercises, teacher must make sure that they are not too easy or too difficult for the target students. If the exercises are too difficult, students will have a hard time doing them and eventually they would just leave the exercise unanswered. However, if they are too easy, students will get bored and it is not surprising to see that they will start talking to each other and the class becomes so noisy. Furthermore, a teacher must also have a loud voice projection to enable students to hear the instructions clearly. Give a clear and easy- to- understand instruction so that the students get the messages that the teacher tries to convey. Lastly, a teacher should be a good example to students; dress nicely and show your passion and enthusiasm for teaching. I hope that all of us will be an excellent teacher in the years to come.

No comments: